Apr 10, 2011

Designated Designer

I realize I haven't blogged in awhile.
Since there is always a scapegoat, I blame my studies, work and the infamous InDesign program.
Many exciting things have been happening, and not so exciting things in my past couple weeks.

1. Got an internship! Summer internship with the Department of Communications at AppState. I'm very excited. I get six credit hours and have to complete 120 hours (which isn't so bad after spreading it over a 10 week period)
2. Found the Mumford & Sons vinyl along with tickets to see them in Asheville! Ex-CITING.
3. This evening is taco + margarita night!
4. I've had some wonderful entertainment opportunities (which I will blog about later)

Anyway -
I decided to showcase some of the design work I've had to do for my Media Publishing class. I have recently realized how much I enjoy designing things like magazine spreads, business cards or logos. I am merely an amateur but as a public relations major, it's good to have different design skills.

Here's some examples of my work:

Business card idea - designed the logo along with the layout of the card.




This was a magazine spread I had to create to represent myself. If you click on the photos, they should enlarge and you will be able to read the text.

Those are just a few things that I've been working on in InDesign.
I hope to learn more and eventually create more things with it!

Off to a Ben Folds Acoustic Concert on campus.
A blog about that later ;)

- melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment