Aug 30, 2011

Music[video] Monday 007

It's about time that I shared a music video.
Today was a bit of a struggle to find a video, just because I wanted to find the absolute perfect one.
Sure, perfection doesn't exist, but when it comes to this song, it sure comes close.

I am sharing "Rootless Tree" by Damien Rice. Live version from Abbey Road.
If you ever come across any sort of account name I had in the past, the term "rootless tree" should sound familiar. I do warn you, there are a few lines in this song that are explicit, but with the version I'm sharing it's very limited.

Damien has a way of being able to reserve words for when they count.
This song has been there for me for years, ever since it first came out in 2006/2007. The meaning of "rootless tree" changes every time I hear it and I don't know if I'll ever grasp the complete meaning, but I think that's the point.

"What I want from this
Is learn to let go
No not of you
Of all that's been told."



Does anyone remember this day?
It started off horribly and ended wonderfully because of the people surrounding me.
And guess what? The ones that mattered the most stuck.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting how songs/books/poems change meaning for us during different points of our lives?
    Cool pics!
    ~Alex
    http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete