Oct 2, 2012

TUESDAY TUNES v.15 | THE PAPER KITES

TUES Oct 2, 2012
 

I have been waiting for a new band to really captivate me musically and this week, I give credit to The Paper Kites. Their simple yet heavy melody and lyrics got me within the first five seconds. I heard "Bloom" (which I shared in the last post) and was instantly hooked. Plus, I have a soft spot for interesting female vocals exemplified by their band member, Christina and a huge soft spot for the banjo! Definitely a keeper. So far, I've only listened to a handful of their songs including "Woodland" and "Featherstone", but word on the street is that they have a new EP called "Young North" and touring in Australia.


I'll let the music speak for itself.
Here are my favorites thus far. I still have some listening to do myself.
photo source
Tuesday Tunes v.15 by melissa vega on Grooveshark

View other Tuesday Tunes posts here.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE them. We have very similar taste in music (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to more of these types of posts. Pretty pretty music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so about finding new music right now! I've heard The Papter Kites before and can I just say I'm already in love! I love mellow tunes!


    Peony

    ReplyDelete