Nov 2, 2011

An aDORAble Halloween!

Finally!
The Halloween costume is revealed! Ta-da! Introducing Dora the Explorer! At first I was going to be Kourtney Kardashian so I could have a reason to wear "classy" clothing and red lipstick, but since I decided to work this weekend, I needed something family friendly, comfortable and inexpensive. The orange shorts and pink shirt was bought at Goodwill, pink socks at Wal-Mart and the backpack was purchased in Charleston this past summer [thanks to my Aunt!]. I just added eyes and a mouth :) All the kids kept saying "Where's map?!" and I had to tell them he was too tired and stayed at home (even though honestly I was too lazy to make one haha)

Enjoy the pictures!
Hope everyone had a wonderfully safe Halloween. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone's holiday.

What has been your favorite Halloween costume?



Giveaways to check out!

+ Gentri is hosting a giveaway from the lovely, "Secret Life of Bees!"

19 comments:

  1. You make a cute Dora!
    We don't really celebrate Halloween over here, except for maybe the kids at home and in the big cities, so I didn't dress up... Maybe I should organize my own party next year, that'll be a good excuse to dress up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! Seems like you had lots of fun :)

    xo Amber P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swiper no swipe! Cute costume - especially Backpack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you are so adorable! Cutest costume ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, you're such a cutiepie! Great costume! I really, really like Gentri Lee's halloween group costume - rock, paper, scissors.

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that is so cute! I love your new blog design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so adorable! And I love your response to why the map wasn't there....pretty clever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. your costumes are fab! love that you're Dora :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your costume is so cute!! & I agree with your comment on my blog, I think we should just move to New York and blog, and wear cute clothes, and just design rooms forever.
    xo,
    http://peppermintandivy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute!!!! I love your backpack ;)
    btw, I featured your interview on my page today
    http://artofbeingcool.blogspot.com/2011/11/small-world-project-melissa.html

    and I was up at App this past weekend for Halloween! You should look at my halloween post! I went to Anna Banana's like you suggested ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goshhh. hahah (: these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this...is...awesome!! you make the greatest Dora EVER!!!


    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so so cute! Such an adorable, clever costume :o and you pull it off so well ;)

    xo
    kittysnooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stop being so adorable! Your costume is just perfect! Is that guy in the bottom right photo dressed as Cap'n Crunch? If so, awesome. Glad to see you had a fun Halloween though :) Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. haha so cute! my friend was dora this year too (she's a preschool teacher) .. very fitting for her actually.

    my costume was last minute too! but i had a great time, regardless. i hope you did too!

    come visit soon!

    xx,
    cindy - design3rd

    ReplyDelete
  16. hahah! I love your Dora costume! you do look like her with your fringe! :p

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Dora costume is waaay too cute!

    Stopping by from Soleil Solene. :)

    ReplyDelete