Jan 15, 2013

TUESDAY TUNES | SONG FOR ZULA

This week I didn't have time for a full playlist, but with this song by Phosphorescent, you won't even need it. One my dearest friends Renée, who has a new blog called Cultura Nouvelle, introduced me to this song and what can I say, I fell in absolute love. If this is one of the last songs I ever hear I think I could be perfectly content with that.

This song is a perfect blend of heartache, transparency and mystery that we all have maybe become familiar with. It is as though Matthew Houck took a part of every breaking soul, built it right into his voice and right into those violins. Feel it for yourself...



Some say love is a burning thing 
That it makes a fiery ring
Oh but I know love as a fading thing
Just as fickle as a feather in a stream
See, honey, I saw love. You see, it came to me
It put its face up to my face so I could see
Yeah then I saw love disfigure me Into something I am not recognizing
 
For more Tuesday Tunes posts, click here.

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this song! Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, i love the little tremble in his voice. And I love the lyrics. Ou ah I do like this....

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete