Apr 9, 2013

Megan gets her braces off


So... my beautiful little sister got her braces off! Wahoo! After three years of braces, brackets breaking, rubber bands, no popcorn (well, kind of), and food uncomfortably getting stuck in her teeth, she is free! Getting your braces off are like some sort of rite of passage for growing out of your teenage stage into early adulthood. And if you've never had braces, well, lucky you! (I suffered the same fate in high school.)

I, of course, took advantage of this photo opportunity and made her model for me while I tried my new photo editing tools + practice some portrait shots. She's a trooper ;) We even took a trip to the beach for the sand shots! Okay, we used a volleyball court, but same thing right?

First off comes the braces, then comes college & then comes everyone thinking she's the older one.
They just grow up too fast!

11 comments:

  1. that's the best feeling in the world!!! such a beautiful smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! I got mine off five years ago and so glad I went through that pain haha. I just need to remind her to wear her retainer! I wasn't so disciplined.

      Delete
  2. mm I remember getting my braces off. Best feeling in the world. She is gorgeous :] Beautiful photography!

    Check out my free people giveaway!
    http://www.freelyronnie.blogspot.com/2013/03/free-people-accessory-giveaway.html

    xo sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg what an exciting time for your sis! her smile is absolutely beautiful :) i remember when i got mine off, it was such a relief--i couldn't stop looking in the mirror for weeks haha!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes! And then running my tongue over my teeth! Such a weird, but great feeling.

      Delete
  4. Ouu such a pretty girl! That must be great to get her braces off, I used to have a retainer which isn't quite the same but. Still kinda lame right?!


    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! It's kind of like a rite of passage, ya know? :)

      Delete
  5. these photos are WONDERFUL. great job Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren :) I need some more practice with portraits. It's just too beautiful outside to not take pictures!

      Delete
  6. Yay for no more braces! Isn't it so weird to get your braces off and your teeth feel all slimy? Love the pictures you took!

    ReplyDelete